Are you having trouble selecting baby clothes due to lack of ideas? If so, you are not alone because thousands of individuals out there do not know how to buy baby clothes especially if you are first time parents. To gain insights and ideas on baby clothes selection, read the tips mentioned below.
Shopping for baby clothes is considered the most exciting activity for first time parents, especially for soon to be mothers. If you are one of them, you probably want to spend whole day shopping for baby items, like clothes, shoes, bibs and other baby things. Because of excitement, some parents might end buying too many stuff, which is not good. It is not advisable to buy too many new-born clothes because it could only last for several weeks.
Because babies are delicate and sensitive, shopping for their clothes require lots of care and attention.
Factors to consider when buying baby clothes:
- Comfort – To provide comfort to your baby, you should select clothes with breathable and comfortable fabrics. Select clothes with high cotton content to protect babies’ skin from irritation.
- Functionality – Be practical and choose clothes that are easy to take off and to put on. Since babies require frequent changing of clothes and diapers, you should avoid buying those with lots of buttons and snaps.
- Alterable – Since babies grew too soon, it is best that you buy clothes one size bigger or those that can be altered easily so they can last longer. In this manner, you can save time, effort and money.
- Organic clothes – Because babies’ skin is sensitive, you should buy organic clothes because these clothes used organic cotton that passed the standards set by the Organic Trade Association. These clothes
- Weather-suitability – Buy clothes which are appropriate for different weather conditions.
Tips to consider when buying baby clothes:
- You should buy clothes one size larger than their actual size. It is best that you buy bigger sizes for your baby because they grow quickly.
- When you shop during sales, you should buy clothes in advance for your baby. If the baby is 9 months old, purchase clothes suitable for 18-14 months.
- Choose clothes carefully and be selective of your purchase. There are stores that offer the same design of designer clothes at a fraction of the cost.
- If possible avoid buying expensive clothes because your baby will outgrow them soon.
- You can get great bargains in secondhand baby wear shops. Some items sold in the store still carry tags which indicate that they are not yet worn.
- You should buy clothes in packs because they care cheaper. There are stores that sells packs of baby clothes in different designs.
- If the baby is not yet born, purchase clothes in neutral colors.
- Baby socks are important item in their wardrobe, thus, buy those which are soft and do not easily slip off.
- Be careful and cautious in buying baby clothes. You should check for loose buttons and small embellishments which can easily be chewed or pulled off.