- Field placements in a variety of settings such as recreational therapy centres, varsity teams, physiotherapy clinics, school boards, retirement residences, large corporate gyms, small private businesses and more.
- Experiential learning and events in collaboration with industry partners including Fit to Pitch and Wellness Expo.
- Experience a cadaver lab tour at McMaster University
- Students may challenge fitness certifications
- Many pathways to further education
- Get involved in special events and volunteer opportunities.
What you’ll learn
- Strategies to improve quality of life for people of various ages and abilities.
- Work with specialists of specific populations such as emergency service personnel, children, older adults, pregnant women or those with increased medical risk factors such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Study topics such as athletic injury management, sport psychology and exercise physiology, anatomy, biomechanics, wellness management strategies and many more.
2 academic years (periods of 8 months)
Fast Track – allows students to complete a two-year Diploma program in 16 months. Students will start in January and be in school for four continuous semesters: Winter, Spring/Summer, Fall and Winter. Students will not be off during the summer.
Important Academic Dates
- View important Academic Dates
Join us at our Open House Events
Why you should attend an Open House
- Get information on Mohawk’s 100+ programs and meet staff and faculty
- Meet faculty, staff and students from our program areas
- Explore student services and supports that can help you succeed
- Take a campus tour and see the newest spaces
- Learn about financial assistance and your payment options
Join us at Open House!
“I started to study medicine in university. I successfully graduated and realized that prevention is more important than treatment. The Health, Wellness, and Fitness program at Mohawk College made my knowledge more comprehensive and integrated in the health field. I am very thankful to Mohawk College for helping me, giving me the opportunities to practice, and more. Now as a Food and Nutrition Technician in a wellness clinic, I enjoy helping my clients keep away from sickness.”
What is a credential? What credentials are offered at Mohawk?
How long will it take to complete my program?
How do I book a College information session or tour?
What services are offered at The Square?
First Year Questions
How can I get involved?
How to support our students